Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Stepping Stone


This was a first grade lesson that was taught by two of my classmates. We were assigned to bring picture or anything that we wanted to decorate a stepping stone with. I decided to bring a picture from home that I wanted on my stepping stone. The first thing that we went over was what a stepping stone was and then we were to draw out the pattern or design that we wanted on our stepping stone. This was a good lesson for following direction and letting the students be creative. I thought this was somewhat challenging because I'm a perfectionist and it was hard for me to get the bead placed just how I wanted them. If I were to have an extension on this project I would incorporate it with a math lesson. We would discuss what a pattern is and how they are made. They would have to create some other patterns with beads before the students were able to put them in the cement.

No comments:

Post a Comment