Sunday, December 6, 2009

Pinch Pot- Take what life has to offer...



When we made our pinch pots we did a therapeutic activity. We listened to music, were blind folded, and given directions. As I was forming it in my hand I decided that I wanted mine to be personalized. I formed the bowl in the palm of my hand and allowed the clay to form around my fingers. When we were doing the activity I was thinking about everything that happens in life. There are many different things that you can choose to do with your life but sometimes we are given things that we have no control over and have to accept what has been given to us. Therefore, I decided to name this pinch pot "Take what life has to offer..." I really enjoyed working with clay. It would be a great activity for students to express themselves and put their emotions into the clay. I found it challenging to make the clay into a sound. It really gets you thinking on a different level. As an extension I would have the students write about what they chose to make because in pieces of art work such as this you don't really know the whole meaning behind it. This would really allow the students to open up with their feelings and emotions.






1 comment:

  1. Breanne,
    What a great idea! I love the way you created the pot from your hand print and also gave meaning to the piece by adding a title.
    It would be great to show an image from the bottom to see the whole hand. Your students will love to see how you created your work and the ideas behind it. It shows them that they can express themselves in many ways and levels. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete