Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Print Making

During this lesson we learned about print making and what it is used for. The assignment was to make a Holiday card. First of all, we took a piece of styrofoam and drew the image we wanted on our card and then took a wooden tool to push the design into the styrofoam. It was as if we were making a large stamp. After we got the design pushed in to the styrofoam we took a piece of construction paper and rolled the design onto it. I really enjoyed doing this project, the only thing I had difficult time with was that the some of the ink we used was very sticky making it hard to roll it out. My design had a lot of detail which took a long time to get all pushed in but it was worth it. I think it turned out really well! As an extension I would have the students write inside of the card as if they were sending out a Christmas card to someone special. It would be a fun, creative, festive project.

No comments:

Post a Comment